A continuation of the project revealing traces of streets, buildings and history of people important for the historical and cultural identity of Białystok. This time we will get to know Dojlidy closer. This is a well-known district, but it also conceals many forgotten stories. Older than the city itself, it was founded in the 15th century and its owner was the Lithuanian noble Jakub Raczko-Tabutowicz. Dojlidy, in contrast to Białystok being part of the Crown since 1569, belonged to the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In the mid-nineteenth century, the owner of sc. Zabłudów county, which included Dojlidy, was Aleksander J. Kruzensztejn, son of the famous admiral and traveler Adam Johan Kruzenstein and grandfather of the popular in interwar Białystok, colonel Mikołaj Kawelin. He built a magnificent palace in Dojlidy in the style of a Renaissance Italian villa. In the interwar period, the residence with a magnificent park passed into the hands of Prince Jerzy Lubomirski. He is associated with resurrecting old brewing traditions and expanding the famous brewery. The second palace, in the style of the French, Dutch and Tuscan neo-Renaissance, is associated with the history of the Hasbach family.
In 1919, Dojlidy became part of Białystok. They were famous not only for the factory and the brewery, but also became an important, somewhat elite place of rest for the Białystokers – with the beach, kayaks and a tennis court.
The event is co-organized and co-financed by the National Centre for Culture